On August 4th, our baby boy turned 1. We had an impromptu backyard BBQ to celebrate this exciting event. They were calling for another typhoon so we wanted to wait and see what was going to happen, before we scheduled his party. On Saturday morning the weather was fine, so I ran around inviting all our wonderful neighbors to come over that afternoon to celebrate. I ran to the commissary, came home and baked his cake and with John's help made deviled eggs, potato salad and I carved a watermelon fruit basket. It came together really well and almost everyone invited was able to join us.
Alexander loved all the attention, presents and birthday cake. I made the traditional family birthday cake, which my Mom made for me on my first birthday and I have since made all our children for their first birthday. It is a strawberry shortcake cake. Mom, thanks for starting such a wonderful tradition.
.
Mommy and Daddy bought him a wagon and he just loves being pulled around the garden, as fast as we can take him.
The neighbors gave him some wonderful toys and outfits, Grandmom Betty and Ed gave him an adorable shirt and Mamaw & Papaw sent him a 3 and 1, rocker, scooter and rider.
Alexander, Sarah, her son Wyatt, John N. and proud Papa.
Thanks everyone for sharing and thinking of our wonderful baby boy on such a special day.















1 comment:
Happy Birthday Zander!!! Can't believe you're already 1! :)
Post a Comment