In Japan we have giant 2 inch cockroaches, they are absolutely disgusting! If you walk by the drains around base at night, which I did when we first arrived here, you can see and hear hundreds of these roaches scurrying away. No matter how clean you keep your house one always seems to inevitably sneak it's way into a house.
A few weeks ago, John was putting the kids to bed and I was finishing up with the dishes from dinner and general clean-up. We had tacos and sometimes Alexander tosses a few unwanted items on his plate onto the floor. I picked up some ground beef off the table and then saw something brown on the floor by the wine rack on our chocolate brown carpet. As I reached for the ground beef it moved. I screamed at the top of my lungs and kept on screaming, maybe I should use the word shriek. I was chasing after the cockroach and trying to crush it with various objects within reach, making sure not to loose sight of this terrible beast. I knew if I lost track of it there would be no rest for me that night, because I had to know it was out of the house. John came running down the stairs wondering what the heck was going on. Joun has never heard me scream like this before. He watched me chase the Cockroach around screaming the entire time and grabbed his shoe and splat, my knight in shining armor!
Needless to say I have no photos of these little beasts for this post and have no desire to get close enough for a photo op, so you will just have to use your imagination.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
YUCK!!! I hate them too!!! Being from a northern state, I never had to deal with these creatures. We have some pretty big ones here in VA, they call them waterbugs. We have seen an occasional one here and there and I too went screaming. We actually have a year round bug service, as one roach is too many for me. A tip, our bug guys said if they do get in, spray them with a hhold cleaner (ie. wondex). It will slow them down so you (I mean John) can wack them....YUCK!! I just hate bugs!!!
STILL can't STOP laughing!!! :) I know I would totally be there SCREAMING at the top of my lungs with you, ha! Glad John came to your rescue with a shoe! :)
Wait till you see the pic of the spider that was in our backyard, ewww...still gives me the willies!
Thanks for the windex tip Irene, I will try ir next time, hopefully there won't be a next time:)
I can't wait to see the spidy picture Dawn.
I was rolling with laughter, reading your post. I hate roaches. And here I thought North Carolina was bad... 2 inches??? Ugh!
Post a Comment