********************************************************************
What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Had another wonderful addition to our family. Started Sudokuing. Completed a needlepoint pillow. Finished a quilt for one of my children. Visited Rome with John. Enjoyed the Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Fest.
Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My New Year's resolution was hard to keep, because I was pregnant, it was lose weight, how cliche, hugh? This year I would like to be in the best shape possible for Cabo and my 40th, but my actual New Year's Resolution this year is to practice more random acts of kindness. It really is what keeps the world going round and round. Last month someone at the store let me go in front of them in line, because I had all 3 kids and Alexander was really fussy. That made my entire week. I love it when people hold the door for me when I have the stroller.
Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My New Year's resolution was hard to keep, because I was pregnant, it was lose weight, how cliche, hugh? This year I would like to be in the best shape possible for Cabo and my 40th, but my actual New Year's Resolution this year is to practice more random acts of kindness. It really is what keeps the world going round and round. Last month someone at the store let me go in front of them in line, because I had all 3 kids and Alexander was really fussy. That made my entire week. I love it when people hold the door for me when I have the stroller.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, me, can't get any closer to yourself than that.
Did anyone close to you die? No, thank God, not this year, the previous years we have not been as fortunate.
What countries did you visit? Austria, France, Switzerland and Italy.
What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Spend more time with relatives and so far it is looking good. With the possibility of going to Cousin Christina's "Big, Fat, Greek, Southern Wedding" in Charleston in early May, possibly after that, to California, then off to Cabo for 2 weeks. Off to Pittsburgh to visit my parents in their PA house and then to Baltimore to see John's family. It all depends where we are moving in July, hopefully we will find out soon. It is causing a lot of anxiety in my life, the not knowing.
What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The first 5 minutes of Alexander's life and looking at his beautiful face. When the Chief of Pediatrics told us that Alexander was "out of the woods". Don't think I need to elaborate on why.
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Once again the birth of our wonderful son, Alexander.
What was your biggest failure? I really can't think of any, I guess not investing as much of our paycheck as I would have liked.
What was your biggest failure? I really can't think of any, I guess not investing as much of our paycheck as I would have liked.
Did you suffer illness or injury? A few ailments during the pregnancy, the slip and fall in the water at the store that probably saved Alexander's life. Divine intervention.
What is the best thing you bought? I am going to have to go with Bernie on this one, the GPS. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel with traveling around to new and different places, even locally. It is very hard to read a map when you are alone and most of the time have fussy kids in the car. Questie (our GPS is named) just tells me when to turn.
Whose behavior merited celebration? Our entire family for being brave and strong during the ordeal with Alexander, especially Lexi, she still remembers our tragedy with Christopher, she talks about him at least every other week. Anika didn't have a clue what was going on with Zander, but she new things weren't right and Mommy wasn't around, I paid for that. John for playing Mr. Mom for 2 weeks and then coming to the hospital and being my hero, my Rock of Gibraltar, a supportive husband and strong Dad for Zander. Our friends who took our children in during this tumultuous time deserve celebration for their random acts of kindness and unselfish acts, dropping their lives to help us out. Our family and friends over seas for their support, cards and phone calls. Lexi started 3rd grade and has mostly A's so we are very, very proud of her. A little bribery never hurt either:)
What song will always remind you of '06? Anything by James Blunt and anything on the Curious George CD.
Compared to last year: Happier or Sadder? Every year just keeps getting better and better. Sometimes I need to pinch myself to see if I am awake. Thinner or Fatter? Not pregos, so yes I weigh less.Richer or Poorer? Richer by far and I don't mean monetarily. Having such a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful children(on the inside and out) I feel like the richest woman alive.
What do you wish you'd done more of? I felt very guilty this last week regarding visiting our landlords more often. I try to take the kids to see them once a month. We have coffee and chat. They are 2 elderly sisters who don't have any children or grandchildren. They always ask us when we are coming over for a visit or they say we need to visit more often. They truly love spending the time with the kids. Unfortunately after we had Alexander the time has just slipped away and before we new it the New Year was upon us. I got a call last week that Hildegarde was on her death bed. My first thought was , I should have visited with the kids more often. It is really difficult. I am going to work on that this year. Hildegarde had her surgery and is doing much better, thank God. I have a second chance to make things right. Also family walks, I would love to do them everyday, but it usually works out to twice a week. I try to walk with the kids on the week days, but when it is cold and miserable I don't like taking the kids out. I wish we had gone on a beach vacation, but we saved that for Cabo. More Volksmarches, but the weather wasn't cooperating and neither was my expanding belly. Less chores on the weekends and more family time
.
What do you wish you'd done less of? Housework/chores, but I just can't seem to let things go.
How was Christmas? Wonderful, but would have liked to our families with us.
How was Christmas? Wonderful, but would have liked to our families with us.
Who calls the most and who did you spend the most time on the phone with? Mom and Dad Rusling, my Mom and Dad, we talk a couple times a week, we have a web cam which is great. In Germany I talked to my friend, Bernie, a lot.
Favorite TV shows? Boston Legal, by far, my Mom and Dad got us hooked on it. We also like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate House Wives and 1 vs. 100, Jeopardy.
What was the best book you read? The Kite Runner, A Million Little Pieces (fiction or non-fiction I still thought it was good), any of Dan Brown's books, The One Hundred Year Lie.
What was your favorite musical discovery? Isreal Kamakawiwo, "Facing Future", it is excellent Hawaiian music. We discovered last week that he died back in "93 so sadly he won't be making any new Cd's, but he has quite a few.
What did you want and get? A healthy son.
What did you want and not get? To travel more, we really wanted to go to Prague, Tuscany and Brugge. Enough sleep!!!!!!
What were your favorite films of this year. Devil Wears Prada.
What did you do on your birthday and how old wear you? My good friend Bernie had a lovely coffee for me, it was very relaxing, we played Mancala and noshed. I turned 39, the new 29:)
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?Maternity and if I can get to 1:00pm with out spit-up on my shirt I feel I have made a great fashionista accomplishment.
What kept you sane? What makes you think I am sane, ha, ha. John definitely keeps me sane.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least? Rosie O'Donnell never has anything pleasant to say about anyone, she thinks that she is so politically savvy and knows the most current topics and issues, especially about the war, but she is truly an idiot. The other day she said on the view, "Is Kazakhstan REALLY a country?" If she doesn't know the answer to that she has no right to comment on the war (BTW she wasn't kidding). What she says brings our Military service members down, you don't have to like what is going on, but at least show support for our troops. Maybe she should do a comedy tour in Afghanistan or Iraq. Hmmmm, I wonder how well that would go over. The most Oprah Winfrey. I think she is a great humanitarian. She just seems to be on the up and up, she says what she feels, but keeps it in check. She seems to be kind and generous. I met her one time, long ago I waited on her table, she was very sweet and treated the wait staff with kindness, dignity and respect.
What political issue stirred you the most? John Kerry and his slip of the tongue or was it? No, I am sorry, first he said it was a joke then that didn't pan out for him so then he said it was a mix-up with words. He just doesn't know what the truth is.
Whom did you miss? John and I miss our families and friends so incredibly.... much.
Who was the best new person you met? This year every new friend I have. I feel very lucky.
Who was the best new person you met? This year every new friend I have. I feel very lucky.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: For the last 12 years I have followed this philosophy, it is so simple, "I AM responsible for my own happiness". But now as a mother of 3, I am responsible for the happiness of my children and family as a whole. The entire family follows my lead, if I am upbeat, they are upbeat, if I am tired and cranky, they are tired and cranky.
Quote a song that sums up your year: "We are a family............"
Quote a song that sums up your year: "We are a family............"















1 comment:
Great double stroller!!! Love the green snuggie bags too! :)
Post a Comment